Tuesday, October 28, 2008

workshops

To be completely honest, I didn't find either of the workshops (there were only two as it turns out) to be stimulating in any way. Perhaps, had I been able to stay longer, my mind would have changed. We were told the workshops started at 2, and I had to leave at 4, but the workshops didnt start till 3, so I was only able to stay for about an hour. We all met upstairs together as they gave an overview of what was gonna be happening in each of the workshops. Then we the groups split up and began working.

The first workshop dealt with using images to tell a story. I joined this group at first thinking it would be interesting and I'd be able to learn something before I had to leave. Unfortunately to participate in the workshop we were first asked to go out and take pictures around Hollywood and meet back in an hour. At this point it was about 330 and my time was running out. I didnt want to spend it running around taking pictures on my own, I wouldnt get anything out of it. So i decided to see what the other group was up to.

When I got to the other group they still hadn't started. They were setting up a projector and seemed to be having technical difficulties. After a few more minutes they were ready and showed a "trailer" for a film they were working on. The trailer was about 5 min long, and i had no idea what it was about until the end when the title came up and it was about something called the Queer Criminals. Basically it was guys dressed in drag running around doing I don't even know what. The workshop was to contribute to their film. At this point I was a little glad I had to leave. I wasn't too interested in staying anymore, so I left.

Overall I just wish I had been able to stay longer, maybe then I would have been able to get something out of the first group.

No comments: